Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Brick walls

Do you ever have one of those days in which everything you try to do, you run into a brick wall? How about a whole week like that? That's how this whole week has been for me.

It all started Sunday when my computer crashed. Completely dead. I will need to replace the hard drive, and no data could be saved from the old one. So, in a week in which I desperately need a computer, I not only don't have one, when I do get it back, I'll need to spend days getting everything back in order. (I'm using my husband's laptop to write this blog!)

It's amazing how much we depend on technology. 10 years ago, I didn't have a computer at home and I managed just fine. Now, I can't function without it. Even making a phone call messes me up because I usually just look the number up online or in my phone book on the computer. I actually had to use the yellow pages this week!

I've been trying to get Tim's meds refilled through the online pharmacy with our insurance company. That's a hard enough task to do when you HAVE a computer, and trying to do it without a computer has been a nightmare.

One would think that since my computer is dead, that I would actually have more time to spend cleaning the house, but no, I'm still working on getting the flowerbeds done. I think I'm finally done with the planting and mulching, so now I just need to water and weed (and water and weed and water and weed . . . ).

Tim and I once saw the Cirque Du Soliel show called La Nouba. There are three comic-relief characters in the show, and at one point they are being chased by someone or something. One of these guys ran straight into a brick wall while he was being chased. He got up, and ran right back into the wall. I laughed hysterically, and my husband was completely surprised to learn that I enjoy physical humor that much. However, when we're running into the proverbial brick walls in everyday life, it really isn't that funny.

No comments: